How to convert PDF to TIFF
Converting pdf file to tiff image is very easy with Universal
Document Converter. It is not a regular PDF converter, but
a print driver. That means that it installs into system as
printer and saves data sent to it as image file.
To convert PDF file to TIFF file:
1. Install Universal Document Converter.
Please, note that you will not see any executable file in Start
menu. Instead of it a new printer will appear in your 'Printers'
2. Open PDF file in some application with printing support.
And send document to printer.
3. Select 'Universal Document Converter' as printer.
4. Click on 'Properties' button. Go to 'Advanced' tab and
select 'TIFF Image' as output format.
'Advanced' tab contains settings of output TIFF file:
- Mutlipage and single page files
- Color depth: 1 bpp, 8 bpp, 24 bpp
- Compression type: none, RLE, CCITT Fax Mode 3, CCITT Fax mode
4, LZW, JPEG, PackBit
5. Go to 'Page Setup' tab to specify the following settings:
- Page size: 39 standard paper formats or custom size
- Orientation: portrait, landscape
- DPI: 50, 72, 96, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 600 (note, that the
larger is DPI, the larger will be image size both in pixels and
- Image borders cropping (in this case only useful information
will be printed without white spaces around image)
6. Go to 'Finish' tab to specify:
- File name
- Path (where you want to save tif file)
- Application - after saving image Universal
Document Converter can open the output file in application
you select here
7. Close Universal Document Converter
properties and start printing. The output TIFF file will be saved
to path you specified at 'Finish' tab.
Click here to learn more about Universal
Download demo version from one of the following links. Demo version
adds a watermark on output images, but allows to test all available
Download from fCoder.Com
license for $44.95 US